ASUS has launched the perfect fortress to house the Intel’s 9th Gen Skylake processors-X, the flagship Core i9-9980XE! This motherboard is jammed with highest possible specs and feature at this point in time and it is safe to assume that its the highest end motherboard in the market. It is a huge ETX form factor motherboard not only supporting the 18C/36t processor from Intel but even houses the 28C/56T processor in the form of new Xeon W-3175W processor.
This beast has employed the same LGA 3647 socket with stunning boosts in other areas as follow:
- It is designed for Intel Skylake X-8 Core CPU with dual 34 pins, quad 8 pins, 32 power phases, dual 6 pins 12V power connectors that deliver top-notch power efficiency.
- It has Quad strength graphics power which embodies 4-way PCIe Gen 3 x 16 link supporting NVIDIA GeForce SLI, NVIDIA NV Link and AMD CrossFire X on demand.
- It is adequately built to carry out high-performance networking featuring onboard Aquantia AQC 107 10 Gbps LAN, Intel 219 LM- GIGABYTE LAN, ROG GaeFirst technology and, Intel AC-9260 802 11ac WiFi.
- It has an impressive cooling system with 5-way optimization featuring auto-tuning and FanXpert 4which provides automatic overclocking profiles for OC performance while the 14 PMW fans ensure support for the dynamic cooling system.
- It has unparalleled personalization with full aluminum body cover, 1.77″ color LiveDashback plate armor and, ASUS Aura Synch RGB lighting.
- The ROG Gaming Audio employs Sonic Studio teamed with SupremeFX S1220 casting a more realistic aural representation that will pull you into the action.
When we look at all these sweet power-ups, the power connector requirements will look disproportionately low and easy going with 2 x 24 pin ATX power connectors, 2 x 6 pin PCIe power connector and, 4 x 8 pin PCIe power connectors just to power the board with complete loading.
Furthermore, ASUS enabled this motherboard to support 4-way GPU with NVIDIA SNL and AMF CrossFire, which means, if you were to station 2 x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card in NVLink, each of them will have full 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0 bandwidth for their individual use, with multiple M.2 drives and multiple 10 GbE if that’s what you’re interested in. From there, it allows you to configure AUSU ROG Dominus Extreme with the Xeon W3175W processor and its 28C/56T of CPU power with 4-way NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 graphics cards which almost costs 10,000 USD each. The system can support them all at once!
It can support up to 192 GB of RAM with the virtue of 12 x DDR4 DIMMs and 2 slots that will support 4 x M.2SSDs. There is also an unlimited storage provided by 2 x U.2 ports and 8 x SATA 3 ports.
There are massive heat sinks and avid cooling systems on the VRMs as well. The board is also compliant for custom liquid cooling for your extreme CPU workloads.
The refreshed X299-based motherboard also has USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type C ports to fill up the connectivity on this monster.