ASUS has launched the ZenFone AR smartphone with 8GB RAM, as well as support for Google's Tango augmented reality programme and DayDream virtual reality software at the ongoing CES 2017 tech expo. Along with the Asus ZenFone AR, the company unveiled the ZenFone 3 Zoom camera smartphone with 5000mAh battery at the event.
The new Asus ZenFone AR smartphone with AR+VR functionalities, which had been outed by Qualcomm a few days ago, will come in multiple variants.
Asus ZenFone AR is designed on Tango Platform which makes it an Augmented Reality Mobile. It is the first phone having 8GB RAM and having Augmented Reality (AR) features.
1. It is just 7.9mm thick, while weighing 170 grams.
2. 5.7-inch Super AMOLED QHD (1440×2560 pixels) display which plays major role in VR.
3. Asus ZenFone AR owns the high-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor under its hood.
4. Asus ZenFone AR is the world's first smartphone with 8GB RAM –high end model-. And, other cheaper variants would also be available having 6GB and 3GB editions.
5. Operating System running is Android 7.0 Nougat.
6. Asus ZenFone AR has inbuilt storage of 256GB which can also be expanded by microSD card upto 128 GB.
7. Asus ZenFone AR comes with whopping 5000mAH battery.
8. It has Zoom has a dual rear camera setup, with one 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, and f/1.7 aperture, and the other 12-megapixel rear camera featuring a 2.3x optical zoom – allowing for a total 12x zoom. Along with this it features a TriTech+ autofocus system, dual-PDAF, 4-axis OIS, and 3-axis EIS. At the front, the ZenFone 3 Zoom packs a 13-megapixel camera with a Sony IMX214 sensor, an f/2.0 aperture, and a screen flash feature.
Sadly smartphone innovation isn't cheap – and most of it is reserved for high-end contract handsets. There is however such a thing as a good cheap smartphone, and ever so gently all those amazing features from the flagship devices are slowly trickling down to the budget phones.
The Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom will be raging in markets around February 2017 and prices for different editions will be announced at the time of local release.