Well Call of Duty Modern Warfare has just gotten a new update. This update isn’t primarily bringing a lot of new features, instead it is aimed to fix numerous bugs. These bugs are mostly related to weapon models, screen flickering, and overall performance. The update likewise wont be huge, and therefore its only 1.2GB for PS4, 1.83GB on PC, and here is the surprise.
It’ll be a 66.3GB Update on Xbox One. Yes you heard me right, other platforms have a max update of 2GB, but Xbox Owners won’t like to hear 66.3GB. Infinity Ward Blog says that this is because “of an unforeseen bug with the Microsoft patch delivery process, this download requires Xbox users to redownload files they already have, but it does NOT impact the overall install size”
The Blog also says that in case something like this ever happens again. We’ll try our best to ensure that future updates will be significantly normal in size. Infinity Ward is already working with Microsoft to sort this issue out. Now if you have a really small hard drive like me and want to clear out space. Infinity Ward has given some instructions on how you can delete the content you no longer need.
Here are the issues fixed in this update.
- Fix for weapon models (sights and weapons picked up) corrupting on screen
- Fix for an error that could occur when selecting “Play Again” option in Warzone
- Fixed a bug where players could use the rope ascender through a closed door in Downtown
- Fixed an issue where the world model of the Common AUG was appearing invisible in Warzone
- The increased map counts in our playlists caused some maps to not appear in playlist rotations. To help them appear more regularly, we’re removing the following maps from each mode listed below:
- Headquarters – Removing Arklov Peak and Shipment
- Kill Confirmed -Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Cyber Attack – Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Hardpoint – Removing Piccadilly and Aniyah Incursion
- Search and Destroy – Removing Rust