Earlier today, Apple has just unveiled the release date for its upcoming new iOS update: iOs 12. Apple said that iOS 12 will be released on 17th September. However, if you don’t want to wait until 17th September then you can install the completed version of the new iOS starting from today to gain access to the new and improved software of your phone including improved notifications, Screen Time, Memoji, Siri Shortcuts, and various new features. Also, keep in mind that the new iOS 12 is supposed to improve performance for every iPhone.
If you want to start using the new update, you’ll have to participate in the Apple’s Beta testing program.
Before doing anything, make sure you to back up your device while iOS 11 is installed.
How to install the iOS 12 GM release:
- Hit beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram. (It’s helpful to do this straight from the iPhone or iPad you’ll be upgrading to iOS 12.)
- Click “sign up,” and log in with your Apple ID.
- From there, choose the iOS tab, where you’ll see the option to download the beta profile onto your device. Do that.
- Select “install.” You’ll be required to register your iOS device passcode and tap within a few screens.
- Ultimately, your iPhone will restart. After that happens, you can go to settings, check for an update, and you should recognize the iOS 12 update come up. Download and install it as you’d like with any other iOS.
The GM Update should look accurately like this without mentioning any kind of beta:
What iOS devices are supported?
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch, 10.5-inch, and both generations of 12.9-inch)
- iPad (2018)
- iPad (fifth-gen)
- iPad Air and iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 2, 3, and 4
- iPod Touch (sixth-gen)