We have covered almost all of the major devices that were seen in MWC 2018 including Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+. However, we missed the budget-friendly series from Motorola. Specifically, the ‘G’ series because it did not show up at MWC 2018.
Moto G6 play leaks
The Moto G-Play series is known for representing perhaps the best value in mid-range phones, including a good and balanced amount of specifications for the average consumer.
Motorola labels these devices as ‘Play’ to indicate that it is built to ‘Play’ whenever you want and wherever you want, implementing it with long battery life, and that appears to be the case here. The G6 Play is expected to have a 4,000mAh battery. That should provide enough endurance when paired with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 that’s allegedly inside. The overall design of the Moto G6 Play follows the design implementation shift that Motorola began with the Moto X4.
Rumored technical specs of Moto G6 Play
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) Operating System.
- Model Number XT-1922-1.
- 5.7 Inches IPS LCD multi-touch screen display with screen resolution of 1440 x 720 Pixels(HD+) and aspect ratio of 18:9.
- Powered by 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-core processor.
- Internal memory of 32/64 GB and Ram memory of 3/4 GB.
- Rear Camera with 16 MP sensor and LED Flash.
- Front selfie camera with 16 MP sensor.
- Bluetooth v 4.2 and standard WiFi Connectivity(802.11 a/b/g/n).
- 3.5 MM Audio Jack Port and Micro USB 2.0 port.
- Non-Removable 4000 mAh Li-ion Battery.
- Rear Mounted Fingerprint sensor, Proximity, accelerometer sensors.
- Colors: Dark Charcoal, Deep blue and Gold Colors.
“Above shared are the rumored technical specifications of Moto G6 Play” As stated by TrendyTechz.
Taking a closer look at the leaked images it seems like Moto G6 Play packs a 2:1-aspect display. It’s nice to see some bezel going away, trimming the bezels required moving the fingerprint reader to the back of the phone beneath the camera.
On paper, the phone looks ready to be released considering the fact that the specifications are on par with the current entry-level phones. All in all, the phone sports a 4,000mAh battery which is powerful enough to live up to the “G-Play” hype.
Hopefully, we’ll be seeing this device unveiled by Motorola in upcoming weeks. As of now, there isn’t any news about when and where the phone will be launched, but we can surely say that the next major phone release from Motorola will be the new G6 Play.