The PlayStation 5 was revealed today at The Future of Gaming Show. Sony has given us some insights into the PlayStation 5 Variants, its additional components, and looks.
PlayStation 5 Variants & Additional’s
The PlayStation 5 will come in two variants. The one without the Ultra HD Blu-ray disc Drive is the Digital Version, which might be a bit expensive. On the other hand, the one with CD Drive is being described as the base version. There won’t be any performance difference in both Consoles.
“At launch, we will offer two options: a PlayStation®5 console with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and a PlayStation®5 Digital Edition without a disc drive. The PS5 gameplay experience will be the same, so the choice is all yours. While there are some slight differences in the look of each model, for the overall design, we wanted to deliver a console that’s bold, stunning, and unlike any previous generation of PlayStation.”
Moreover, the PlayStation 5 will have various components, that includes
- Dual sense Charging Station.
- HD Camera (for Streaming?)
- Pulse 3D Wireless Headset.
- Media Remote.
PlayStation 5 Specs
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
PlayStation 5 Release Date & Price.
No Release Date has been shared by Sony Yet. However, Jim Ryan said “first look into PS5”, so that means there is another event planned somewhere later this year. It might happen just before the actual release, and we will get the price point along with the pre-order details. The PlayStation 5 looks an absolute piece of work, and we cannot wait to check it out!