PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds developers at Bluehole have been very creative lately, weekly we are blessed with new interesting game events that are quite fun, to be honest. It’s great to try out new game modes because the traditional game modes can get boring over time, Bluehole knows how to keep its player count steady with these new interesting game modes.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has a new event mode this week that adds an armored UAZ.
This week’s game mode is pretty much the fun and the frenzy at the same time. The event is being called as “Metal Rain” mode. It puts an 8-man squad against each other on the map Erangel, and players can call down heavily-armored off-road jeeps via flare guns. Available now until April 22 7pm PDT / April 23, 4am CEST / April 23, 11AM KST.
However, The twist is that squads will have to use the flare gun to call in the armored UAZ, but only when fired outside the circle. However, when the flare gun is fired from inside the circle the special care package drops.
Here is a list of event rules and restrictions:
- 8-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC : TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA : TPP
FLARE GUN RULES
- Flare guns spawn randomly alongside normal loot locations (flare gun spawn spots are no longer fixed)
- When shot inside the safe zone (white circle), special care packages will be dropped
- When shot outside the safe zone, a special vehicle—the armored UAZ—will be dropped
OTHER EVENT RULES
- This mode is limited to eight-man squads on Erangel, and you can invite up to seven friends.
- Auto-matching can be turned on or off (you don’t have to play as a full squad of eight if you don’t want to)
- The mode is limited to 96 maximum players (12 teams of eight players)
- Redzone is enabled
- Regular care package drops are enabled
- Killer spectating is enabled
- Bluezone rules are the same as standard public match settings
- Weather changes dynamically throughout each match.
Rules and Restrictions source: Wccftech.com