New Update tells us that PlayStation has goals to promote Indie Games. They plan on doing this by making an official announcement, so those games could get a spotlight. Their new initiative is being described as PlayStation Indies. Likewise, Sony has announced 9 Indie games that will join PS4 and PS5.
July 1 Indie Reveals via PS Blog
- Worms Rumble brings real-time multiplayer action to PS4 and PS5
- Haven is a chill co-op adventure coming to PS4 and PS5
- Introducing Carto, a charming, innovative puzzle adventure coming to PS4
- Hacking-themed platformer Recompile is coming to PS5
- Where the Heart Is: A narrative adventure between truth and fiction, coming winter 2020 to PS4
- The recursive world simulation & puzzle-making process in Maquette
- Action platformer F.I.S.T: Forged in Shadow Torch coming to PS4
- Introducing PlayStation Indies and a day of captivating new games
- Heavenly Bodies is coming to PS5 and PS4
- Explore ambiguity in Creaks, coming to PS4 this summer
PlayStation Indies Head Shuhei Yoshida says that their goal is “to make PlayStation the best place to develop, find, and play great indie games”. Moreover, Yoshida also said that AAA game development has grown so financially demanding, and the competition is high. Indie developers need to be given more importance so they can bring new ideas.
“The indie community is increasingly important for the future of the video game industry, as AAA game development has grown so financially demanding that big companies are finding it harder to take risks to invest in new concepts that may or may not work. We trust indie developers with strong vision will continue to bring ideas that have never been tried before, creating whole new genres of games and advancing the art and meaning of video games. PlayStation has always embraced games with completely new concepts, like PaRappa the Rapper, Katamari Damacy, LittleBigPlanet, and Journey, and we look forward to seeing what surprising new ideas will come next!”
- PlayStation Plus is 10 Years Old, Sony announces free games and themes
- Electronic Arts Will Investigate Any Individual Accused of Sexual Misconduct.
- DrDisrespect Says Twitch has not told him the ban reason
- Xbox Live General Manager Dan McCulloch Has Decided to Leave Microsoft